Imedis Festivali (geo. იმედის ფესტივალი) - FESTIVAL OF HOPE WITH FRANKLIN GRAHAM
THE CHURCHES OF GEORGIA and the BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION
SPORTS PALACE 06.-08. JUNE 2014
Evangelist Franklin Graham – has responded to the invitation of the Churches of Georgia to come and hold a Festival of Hope in Tbilisi on 6 to 8 of June 2014.
The Festival of Hope is a powerful combination of an evangelistic meeting with hundreds, perhaps thousands of local Christians reaching out to friends, relatives, and neighbors – inviting them to come to hear the Gospel. Like Andrew, the disciple of Jesus who introduced his brother Simon to Jesus (John 1:40-42), so the goal of the Imedis Festivali – Festival of Hope is to make evangelism very personal as we together will conduct the Operation Andrew aspect in preparation for the Festival.
Through Festival of Hope, Christians in and around Tbilisi and even around the nation will be encouraged to identify and pray for their friends, relatives, and neighbors and colleagues share the Gospel with them by befriending them and also inviting them to come and hear the message in music and proclamation when Franklin Graham will come to invite each listener to make a decision to follow Christ.
There are several key elements which make up the Imedis Festivali – Festival of Hope
1. Prayer is the undergirding central focus of the ministry! Encouraging all church members and attenders to pray for the Nation, their family, friends, colleagues, and neighbors in preparation for the opportunity to invite them to hear the Gospel and to respond to an invitation to follow Christ. This unifies the Body!
2. Christian Life & Witness (CL&W) Training – during 60 years of ministry the BGEA the CL&W has been used and refined to what we are using today. God has used it to transform many lives.
3. Operation Andrew – a simple but powerful strategy to pray for and invite your family, friends and neighbors to the Festival.
4. The Festival meetings will include music, both International and National and testimonies and the evangelistic messages of Franklin Graham.
5. The Local Churches are at the center of the activity in preparation for the Festival. Pastors will register their churches for participation and form a Hope Festival – Preparation Team in the church and members will be trained and mobilized to use this great opportunity to reach and invite the people in their local communities.
6. The Follow Up of new Christians is actively encouraged through the local churches and regional and national offices to ensure that each new believer has the opportunity to become an active and devoted member of a local congregation.
For more than 60 years Billy Graham preached to several million people around the globe in person. His son Franklin Graham continues to proclaim the Gospel in cities and nations around the world. A short introduction of Franklin Graham - the Evangelist:
"Evangelistic preaching is what Daddy does, I never thought I would."
- Franklin Graham
Franklin conducted his first evangelistic event in 1989 and committed to spend 10 percent of his time preaching. Now he conducts Festivals around the world as an evangelist for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA). Since 1989, he has preached to more than 7 million people in cities from Johannesburg, South Africa to Tupelo, Miss.
The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association appointed Franklin Graham CEO in 2000 and president of the organization in 2001. He has served as first vice-chairman of the BGEA since 1995.
Franklin has authored several books, including The Name (Thomas Nelson, 2002), All for Jesus (coauthored with Ross Rhoads, Thomas Nelson, 2003), Living Beyond the Limits: A Life in Sync with God (Thomas Nelson, 1998), and his autobiography, Rebel with a Cause: Finally Comfortable Being Graham (Thomas Nelson, 1995).
Franklin and his wife, Jane, have four children, Will, Roy, Edward, and Cissie, and eight grandchildren.
Strategy and Implementation
Operation Andrew is the heart of this Festival of Hope. Christians write the names on the Operation Andrew card of several people who do not know Christ and pray every day for them. Then, they look for opportunities to deepen their friendship and talk to them about Christ. Subsequently, Christians will invite these friends to the Festival of Hope at Sports Palace, 06 and 08 June, 2014, to hear the inspiring music, testimonies and the evangelistic message from Franklin Graham. At the end of each meeting, there will be a very clear invitation to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. New believers are then followed up by special groups in the churches and encouraged to become part of a local church.
There are five stages of project development and implementation for Festival of Hope:
1. Organization – develop a national strategy and selection of Team Leaders
2. Share the Vision – organize pastors and church meetings to inform, inspire, and encourage
3. Training – Christian Life & Witness Classes will be conducted for all church members for renewal
4. Mobilization – of believers to invite their family, friends, neighbors, colleagues, etc.
5. Follow Up and participation of new believers in the local church
The Festival of Hope is a joint project between Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and the churches of Georgia. Through the generosity of its supporters in North America BGEA underwrites a significant part of the costs but the Georgian church is expected to contribute significantly through personnel, finances, and other means e.g. gifts in kind.
Benefits from Imedis Festivali – Festival of Hope
Training for believers: the Christian Life & Witness Classes – renewing a commitment and re-tool on how to lead others to Christ.
Believers develop a deeper prayer life.
Every believer can participate in Festival of Hope
The local participating church will benefit from the Training Strategies and the evangelistic gifts of Franklin Graham.
The local church grows through prayer, training, and active involvement of believers in “Operation Andrew”, and with the integration of new believers.
Pastors receive special materials to help in follow up and sermons preparation for new believer
Imedis Festivali – Festival of Hope office: 1 Y. Gagarin Str., Tbilisi, Georgia. Phone: (+995 32) 2 496 200.